Actor Joanna Wills recently graduated from Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts and is one of the four co-leads in ensemble drama The Other Plans, directed by Kate Murphy, produced by Meera Shaunak and written by Catherine Bray and Sarah Hunt.
1. Apart from The Other Plans (of course), what do you consider your career highlight to date?
I represented Mountview at the Sam Wanamaker Festival at Shakespeare’s Globe. Everything about this experience was incredible, I met some talented young actors and shared a very special moment with the audience as the Duchess of Malfi. Such a thrill. After coming off stage I was giddy!
2. Tell us about one of your favourite films, plays or books and why you like it?
I am completely and utterly obsessed with Breaking Bad. I watched all of the episodes to date in about a week. I didn’t sleep, really. I was addicted to it, ironically. I needed to know where the meth-buying-selling-stealing-taking craziness would go next. Plus, Aaron Paul. Mmmm.
3. Describe your character in The Other Plans in one sentence.
Lexi is a happy-go-lucky passionate person who is all units go, go, go. She is a lot of fun to play as she is always up for a laugh and likes to be that person at the party that has people laughing at her (maybe slightly embellished) stories.
4. If you could choose to work alongside anyone – living or dead – who would it be?
I think I would have to work with Restoration diva Nell Gwyn – the cheeky little sauce pot is the ultimate rags to riches story. She bagged the king… and was one of the first actresses to OWN IT. I always wonder what she was really like.
5. Who would play you in a movie of your life?
It would have to be someone warm and ballsy. I would love Kate Winslet to play me… and if she isn’t available, Rebel Wilson. She makes me laugh.