Alexandra is an actor based in London and is one of the four co-leads in ensemble drama The Other Plans, directed by Kate Murphy, produced by Meera Shaunak and written by Catherine Bray and Sarah Hunt.
1. Apart from The Other Plans (of course), what do you consider your career highlight to date?
Ooo. Tough one, but I’d probably have to say performing as Ophelia at the Tate Britain. We performed Hamlet there, as it was part of the Pre-Raphaelite exhibition with John Everett Millais’ Painting of Ophelia. It was a huge buzz, the atmosphere was incredible and I was lucky enough to perform and sing in the main gallery. Epic!
2. Tell us about one of your favourite films, TV series, plays or books and why you like it?
Tough again. I would have to say Billy Elliot, film and musical, just because it is such a wonderful story. I love the way it’s shot and the acting is superb. I cry every time I see it!
3. Describe your character in The Other Plans in one sentence.
Jess is a straightforward kind of girl, what you see is what you get with her. She cares deeply about the girls and helps in anyway she can – she never dreamed that someone would come into her life and do the same for her.
4. If you could choose to work alongside anyone – living or dead – who would it be?
Benedict Cumberbatch – enough said. But also Derek Jacobi, he gives me goosebumps to watch.
5. Who would play you in a movie of your life?
Maybe Isla Fisher, think she’d capture me quite well. Sadly, I don’t look like her though!